How do I replace a lost title or a damaged car title in AZ? Arizona

Replacing a Lost or Damaged Car Title in Arizona

You can replace your car title in Arizona (AZ) if you lose or damage the title. The Motor Vehicles Division (MVD) issues each AZ duplicate title. Contact the MVD to replace one or several titles.

The name of the vehicle’s owner and lienholder must remain unchanged on the bill of sale to receive a duplicate title.

To replace a damaged or lost title, visit your local MVD office and complete a “Title and Registration Application” (Form 96-0236). It is the same application you will use should you ever need to complete a title transfer and vehicle registration.

Photo identification is required if you make the duplicate title request in person.

Completing the Duplicate Title Application

You can also download, complete, and submit the application to MVD via mail. Information that you will provide on the application includes:

  • Your first and last names (as the vehicle owner).
  • Your street mailing address (including city, state, and zip code).
  • The make, model, and year of the motor vehicle.
  • The odometer reading.
Pay the $4 duplicate title fee. Sign the title application. Applications are mailed to the AZ MVD at:

Mail Drop 555M
Motor Vehicle Division
PO Box 2100
Phoenix, AZ 85001-2100

Be advised that if there is a lien on the motor vehicle, the MVD will send a copy of the duplicate title request to the lienholder.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I replace a lost title or a damaged car title in AZ?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.