How do I obtain duplicate MD car registration to replace one that is lost or damaged? Maryland

Register Car in MD and Duplicate Car Registration

If your vehicle registration card goes missing, you'll need to replace it as quickly as possible. Otherwise, if stopped, you'll be ticketed if you cannot provide proof of registration.

Your can obtain a duplicate vehicle registration card by ordering online via the MVA's website. To apply, you'll need:

  • Your MD license plate number.  
  • Your Maryland vehicle title number.
  • Visa, Mastercard, American Express or check to pay the $5 duplicate car registration fee (money orders and travelers checks not accepted).

After submitting, you'll then be given the option to print a temporary car registration card. This will allow you to drive without fear of getting ticketed until the MVA mails your duplicate car registration card.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I obtain duplicate MD car registration to replace one that is lost or damaged?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.