How do I order personalized plates and vanity plates in Maryland? Maryland
Personalized Plates and Vanity PlatesWhen deciding on a custom plate number, keep in mind that:
- The combination must have at least two characters (letters or numbers) with a maximum of seven.
- Any personalized plate submission deemed as offensive will be rejected.
- The MVA will not issue a custom license plate submission that's already in use.
You can find the custom plate form on the MVA's website. To order, you'll need:
- Your vehicle title number.
- Your license plate number.
- Either check or credit card (American Express, Visa, MasterCard) to pay the $25 fee (per renewal year). This fee is in addition to car registration fees.
Visit any MVA office with:
- Proof of identity.
- Your current vehicle registration card.
- A completed Application for Special Registration Plates. This can be downloaded from the MVA's website.
- Payment for $25 custom plate fee (per renewal year).
Send a completed Application for Special Registration Plates and a check, payable to the MVA, to:
Specialized Tag Unit
6601 Ritchie Highway
Glen Burnie, MD 21062
NOTE: Personalized plates take four to six weeks to process. If you're registering for the first time, the MVA will provide you with standard plates until you receive your custom plates. You'll then be required to return the standard license plates to the MVA.
Maryland Specialty Plates
In addition to customized plates, the MVA also offers a long list of specialty plates in the following categories:
- Chesapeake Bay or Agricultural license plates
- Combat-related license plates
- Disabled veteran's license plates
- Amateur Radio Operator's license plates
- Organizational license plates
These plates have different requirements and fees. This especially bears true for the combat-related plates. Applications can be downloaded from the MVA's website. Or, for more information, call MVA customer service at (800) 950-1682.
Post Comment for "How do I order personalized plates and vanity plates in Maryland?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.