How do I order personalized plates and vanity plates in Minnesota? Minnesota
MN Personalized Plates, Vanity Plates and License PlatesBefore applying for a custom license plate, you'll first need to settle on a license plate number. Before deciding, keep in mind you'll need to adhere to the following requirements:
- A maximum of seven characters.
- No plates with all numbers; you must have at least one letter.
- One hyphen or space may be placed between adjoining characters.
- A hyphen or space counts as one character.
- The DVS will reject any submission it deems as offensive.
- The DVS will not issue a plate number that's already in use.
- A completed Application for Special Plates. This can also be downloaded from the DVS's website.
- Payment for $100 application fee and $8.50 filing fee.
You can either submit in person, or by mailing to:
Driver and Vehicle Services
445 Minnesota St.
St. Paul, MN 55101
The registration expiration date for these plates will depend on vehicle type.
Minnesota Specialty Plates
The DVS offers a long list specialty plates, including military service, college affiliations and contribution plates. The application process is the same as above, except that the fees will vary by license plate type.
Post Comment for "How do I order personalized plates and vanity plates in Minnesota?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.