How can I reinstate my drivers license?

You will need to check with your state's DMV office for the specifics on how to reinstate your drivers license. Reinstatement requirements for a suspended license differ with each state and with each situation.

For instance, if your license was suspended for medical reasons (seizure, vision...) you will need to provide medical clearance from a certified doctor, and depending on your state, submit to a new round of driver licensing exams (vision, knowledge, skills). Whereas if your license was suspended for DUI you'd be required to pay all fines and fees and, depending on the severity of your violation, possibly be asked to provide proof of attending a traffic school and/or completing community service.   

To find this information, visit your state's DMV Web site and search under reinstate driver license. It should direct you to a page with detailed license reinstatement information, including contact numbers and fees.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How can I reinstate my drivers license?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

38% thumbs up 61% thumbs down (18 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.