How do I obtain duplicate MO car registration to replace one that is lost or damaged? Missouri

If you lose or damage your vehicle registration in Missouri (MO), visit a local Department of Revenue (DOR) service center. A list of MO DOR service centers is available at the DOR website.

Replacing a Lost or Damaged Missouri Vehicle Registration

Information that you will provide to the DOR regarding your register car replacement card includes:

  • Your first and last names.
  • Telephone number.
  • Street mailing address (including city, state, and zip code).
  • Make, model, and year of the auto.
  • Original motor car registration number (if you have the damaged registration card, give it to the clerk at the DOR service center).
  • Vehicle identification number.
Dial (573) 526-3669 to contact the DOR as soon as you lose your registration card to avoid receiving a traffic ticket. Most offices throughout the state are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. While on the phone, inquire about your new registration fees.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I obtain duplicate MO car registration to replace one that is lost or damaged?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.