How do I replace lost or damaged MO license plates, stickers, tabs or tags? Missouri

Contact the Missouri (MO) Department of Revenue (DOR) as soon as you lose or damage your license plates. Also make sure that you contact the MO police to let them know your license plates or car tags are missing.

Replacing Lost or Damaged License Plates in Missouri

To replace your car tags, complete the DOR Form 1576, “Application for Replacement Plates/Tabs.” The application is available for download at the DOR website.

You can also pick up a copy of the application at a local DOR service center. This is the same place where you completed your car registration or vehicle registration.

Completing the Car Tag Replacement Application

To complete the application, include:

  • Your first and last names.
  • Your street mailing address (including city, state, and zip code).
  • Your telephone number.
  • The vehicle identification number (VIN).
  • The year, make, and model of the auto.
  • The motor vehicle license number.
  • The reason that you need the license plates replaced (i.e. lost, damaged).
Pay the $12 license plate replacement fee. Make checks or money orders out to the Missouri Department of Revenue. If the license plates are stolen you do not have to pay a replacement fee.

Return damaged license plates to the MO DOR.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I replace lost or damaged MO license plates, stickers, tabs or tags?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.