How do I obtain duplicate NV car registration to replace one that is lost or damaged? Nevada
If your NV registration card disappears, you'll need to replace it as quickly as possible. Nevada law requires carrying proof of car registration at all times, putting you at risk of getting ticketed if stopped.
Options To Get a Registration ReplacementYou have four options: mail, fax, in person or online.
Duplicate Vehicle Registration by Mail or Fax
You'll need to:
- Complete an Application for Duplicate Registration Certificate (form VP-103). This can be downloaded from the DMV's website.
- Make a copy of your Nevada Evidence of Insurance Card.
- Send both documents, along with a check or money order for $5, to:
DMV Central Services
555 Wright Way
Carson City, NV 89711-0700
Or, submit by fax by dialing (775) 684-4797.
Apply for Duplicate Vehicle Registration in Person
Visit your local DMV office with:
- A completed Application for Duplicate Registration Certificate (form VP-103). This can be downloaded from the DMV's website.
- Your Nevada Evidence of Insurance Card.
- Cash, check, money order, debit card or credit card for $5.
To use the online form, found on the DMV's website, you'll need:
- Your vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Your license plate number.
- Your driver license number.
- Electronic check, debit card or credit card (MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Visa) to pay the $5 duplicate registration fee.
Upon completing you'll have the option of printing a duplicate registration certificate on your home printer, or having a duplicate registration certificate and substitute decal mailed to you. If you opt for the latter, expect to receive the documents in about 10 days.
Post Comment for "How do I obtain duplicate NV car registration to replace one that is lost or damaged?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.