How do I replace lost or damaged OK license plates, stickers, tabs or tags? Oklahoma

If you discover your license plate or license plates missing, you'll need to act fast in applying and obtaining new plates from the Oklahoma Tax Commission (OTC). Otherwise, you'll be inviting a ticket if you attempt to drive.

Replace OK License Plates or Car Tags

Here's what you need to do:

  • Complete an Affidavit for Replacement of Lost, Stolen, or Mutilated License Plate/Decal (OTC form 797-D). This can be downloaded from the OTC's website.
  • Proper identification, including your vehicle registration receipt. 
  • Your remaining plate, if applicable. 
  • Payment for $10.50 replacement license plate fee. Higher fees for vanity and special plates. 

Deliver to your local tag office or submit by mail. 

Though you do not need a police report to accompany your application, you should notify law enforcement if you believe your car tags were stolen. This will protect you and the status of your current car registration should the license plates be used for illegal purposes.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I replace lost or damaged OK license plates, stickers, tabs or tags?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (1 vote)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.