How do I order personalized plates and vanity plates in Oklahoma? Oklahoma
Submitting an OK Personalized Plate ApplicationThe OTC allows for six license plate number submissions per application. Choose your numbers carefully, while adhering to the following guidelines:
- You are limited to seven characters. These can be arranged as such: all seven numbers; a combination of four letters minimum and up to three numbers maximum; any combination of intermingled numbers and letters; or one to seven letters.
- A hyphen is the only allowed punctuation mark.
- You can use a space, which will count as one character.
- The OTC will not issue a license number already in use.
- The OTC will reject any license number deemed offensive to the general public.
- A completed Personalized License Plate Application (OTC form 749) . This can be downloaded from the OTC's website.
- A check for $23, made payable to the Oklahoma Tax Commission. This fee is in addition to the state's regular car registration rate.
Oklahoma Tax Commission
Motor Vehicle Division
Special Plate Selection
2501 North Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73194-0201
Allow about four months for the license plate to arrive.
Oklahoma Specialty PlatesThe OTC also offers a long list of specialty plates in the following categories:
- Military - More than 40 military-related license plates.
- School Related - More than 40 college-related license plates.
- Special Interest - More than 60 license plates, including Boy Scouts, Historic Route 66 and Future Farmers of America.
- Civil Servants - 13 license plate choices.
Requirements and fees vary for different plate types. For more information, contact your local tag office, or call the OTC directly at (405) 521-2468.
Post Comment for "How do I order personalized plates and vanity plates in Oklahoma?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.