How do I replace lost or damaged UT license plates, stickers, tabs or tags? Utah

It's a pretty simple process, and you have two ways to handle this matter.

Replace UT License Plates (In Person)

To replace lost or damaged car tags or stickers, just visit a DMV branch office. Bring your vehicle registration and some sort of personal identification (like a driver's license or Utah ID card). You'll receive new stickers and the same type of license plate for $10.

Replace UT License Plates (By Mail)

To accomplish this task through the mail, write a letter that contains your request for a replacement plate and stickers. Then, send it along with a copy of your car registration to:

Division of Motor Vehicles
Mail and Correspondence
210 North 1950 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84134

Be sure to include a check for $13 to cover the cost of the plates, decals, and postage.

Two Cautionary Notes

If your plates were stolen, you should report the theft to your local police department.

Don't try driving with missing license plates or stickers. If you're caught by law enforcement, you risk getting a traffic ticket and a fine.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I replace lost or damaged UT license plates, stickers, tabs or tags?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.