How do I complete a title transfer in Wyoming? Wyoming

Just follow these steps to process your title transfer.

How to Apply for a Wyoming Car Title

Did you buy a new car? If so, the dealer may send the required paperwork to your local county clerk's office. The office will notify you when it's time for you to complete the title application process. If the dealer doesn't do so, bring the manufacturer's statement of origin (MSO) to the office, along with the sale/use tax form, the odometer disclosure form, and payment for any title fees.

If you purchased a used car, bring the bill of sale or sales/use tax form, odometer disclosure form (if the vehicle is less than 10 years old), the properly assigned title, and payment for any title fees.

For private sale purchases, it's a good idea for the buyer and seller to process the transaction at the county clerk's office. This helps ensure everything is done in the correct manner.

After you've received your title, you can proceed to the county treasurer's office to apply for your vehicle registration.

Getting a Vehicle History Report

When shopping for used cars, a vehicle history report (VHR) can make for a smoother buy car/sell car process. Having this information allows buyers to make a more well-educated decision about a purchase, and enables sellers to alleviate some of the worries of a potential buyer.

Although VHRs vary in the type of information they contain, even the basic ones should include vehicle history information such as ownership records, title transfers, and a listing of any major accidents involving the vehicle.

Need More Information About Titles?

Title issues can sometimes be complex and confusing. So, if you could use some assistance with your title transfer, call the WYDOT at  (307) 777-4375.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I complete a title transfer in Wyoming?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.