Someone stole my license plates sticker, how do I get another one?

This varies according to where you live. But, the two most common acceptable ways to replace your license plate sticker are to visit a local motor vehicle branch or send your request in the mail. You will likely have to complete a replacement form (often available online through your state's motor vehicle agency site), and you may have to pay a small fee.

If your license plate was stolen, you should report this to your local law enforcement department immediately. If you need replacement plates, your motor vehicle division may require you to submit a copy of the police report before releasing the new plates.

Contact your motor vehicle division - or visit its site - to find out how to replace a license plate sticker in your state.

Just don't try to drive around town with a missing plate or sticker; you could be pulled over by law enforcement and issued a ticket with a hefty fine.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "Someone stole my license plates sticker, how do I get another one?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

66% thumbs up 33% thumbs down (6 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.