I lost my Bill of Sale in New York, what can I do? New York

You do need a bill of sale to register and title your vehicle.

If you purchased your car from an individual, you’ll need to contact that person and complete another bill of sale form. Obtaining an original form is necessitated by the DMV’s refusal to accept copies.

If you bought from a dealership, it will have taken care of the titling and registering paperwork, putting less stress on you. However, if you need a bill of sale for your own records (that’s highly recommended) contact the dealership. It will have your bill of sale on file, making it easy to replace your lost copy.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "I lost my Bill of Sale in New York, what can I do?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (2 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

DMVAnswers.com (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. DMVAnswers.com does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on DMVAnswers.com is not legal advice, DMVAnswers.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.