Where can I obtain a lien release form?

You'll need to contact the financial institution that gave you the loan. In turn, they'll either send you a completed lien release form, or a letter that states you've been released from the loan.

After you've paid off your loan, your bank should automatically send you the lien release.

A lien release is often required by motor vehicle agencies in order to process a used car title transfer. Visit your state's motor vehicle agency site to learn what paperwork is required when buying or selling a used car. Most states do a good job of explaining this matter, but if you're confused, contact your local DMV branch or the state headquarters.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "Where can I obtain a lien release form?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (1 vote)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

DMVAnswers.com (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. DMVAnswers.com does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on DMVAnswers.com is not legal advice, DMVAnswers.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.