How can I pass the CDL license written exam?

The first thing you need to do is get hold of your state's CDL manual. These information-dense handbooks are your guidebooks to getting a CDL license--spend the time to study it carefully. Every question you'll find on a CDL test, regardless if it's for hazardous materials or triple trailers, is directly based on information found in the CDL manual. In most states, you can obtain a free copy from any CDL office. Or, if you prefer, download a copy from your state's DMV Web site.

After studying the manual, test your knowledge on a CDL practice test. These exams mirror actual CDL tests by providing written questions in multiple choice format. You can find a long list of companies offering practice tests on the Internet. Most provide instant online access to the exams. Some sites even offer practice tests for each endorsement category, including passenger transportation and tanker trucks.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How can I pass the CDL license written exam?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (1 vote)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.