How can I prepare for the written test to get my chauffeurs license?

Taking a CDL practice test represents the best way to prep for a chauffeurs license. The multiple choice questions found on a practice exam are similar to those found on the actual written test. This way you can gauge your readiness for the actual CDL test. And given the time and money involved with taking a test, it's to your advantage to pass on the first attempt.

Be sure you're studying for the correct exam. Every state defines chauffeur license differently. In California, for instance, drivers of more than 10 passengers must obtain a CDL license, while drivers of less than 10 only need a chauffeurs license. In New York a chauffeur license is the same as a Class E taxi license. And in Florida a chauffeurs license is considered a CDL endorsement. Contact your DMV office if you have questions.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How can I prepare for the written test to get my chauffeurs license?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

50% thumbs up 50% thumbs down (6 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.