Where do I get a CDL Medical Card?

The medical certification process begins by making an appointment with a licensed medical examiner, such as a medical doctor, physician assistant, chiropractor, or advanced practice nurse who will examine you. For the most part, all commercial drivers involved with interstate commerce in the United States must pass this medical test in order to obtain a CDL.

If you pass the test, you will be issued a medical card or certificate indicating this. In most cases, the card is valid for two years, and you will need to pass the test again at that point to keep driving a commercial vehicle. However, if you have certain medical conditions, the examiner may issue a certificate for less than 24 months.

Should your medical certificate become damaged or lost, you can request a replacement through your medical examiner's office, or ask for a duplicate from your motor carrier. Depending upon the individual situation, you may need to complete a request form.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "Where do I get a CDL Medical Card?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

57% thumbs up 42% thumbs down (21 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

DMVAnswers.com (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. DMVAnswers.com does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on DMVAnswers.com is not legal advice, DMVAnswers.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.