Can I obtain a free driving record?

Sponsored by

Only $39.95

* Denotes a Required Information

First Name *
Last Name *
Date of Birth *
License Number *
Address *
City, State, Zip *
I have lived at this address for less than 2 years.
Former Address
Street Address *
City, State, Zip *
Instant Driving Record - Exclusively Online!

Instant Motor Vehicle Report Includes: Suspensions, Fines, Violations, Violation Codes, Driving Status, Points, License Classification, and Endorsements

NOTICE: This is standard non-certified driving record. For a certified record, you must contact States's Motor Vehicle Agency Logo

Get your personal drivers´ license history instantly and online. Find out what information is on your driving record with a Instant Motor Vehicle Report. Keep in mind, you can only run an instant motor vehicle report on yourself.

If you need to check your driver's license status in case you have a suspended license, you have a variety of options for obtaining a free driving record (also known as a driving abstract or DMV Records).

1) You can visit your DMV office in person and request a copy of your driving record. Keep in mind that fees vary by state and even by county. Some offices provide driving records for free. Others charge a fee. For fee clarification, call your DMV office before visiting.

2) Order online through your state or through a third party. To determine whether you can obtain a free driving record online through your state, visit its DMV Web site. If the online option is available, it will provide step-by-step instructions on how to proceed and indicate, before ordering, of any, if at all, fee requirements.

Or you can go directly to order a driving abstract free of charge.     

3) Try prodding your insurance provider for a free driving record. This, out of the three options, is the least reliant, dependent on each individual agent.

Visitor Comments

  • Posted by Robert on October 10th, 2010

    its great!

Post Comment for "Can I obtain a free driving record?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (1 vote)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.