What do I do after passing a teen driver ed course?

To start you may want to high-five a friend or two. You'll then need to know your state rules regarding teen driver ed. For instance, in California you need a drivers education certificate or proof of enrollment to qualify for a permit. Whereas in Nevada there are no such permit requirements mandating a drivers education certificate.

So to educate yourself on your state's rules call your DMV. Or better yet, visit your state's DMV Web site. It will provide information on its drivers ed requirements. Usually this information will be labeled under "Teens" or "Drivers Under 18."

Once you know what your next step is, you'll need to find out how to obtain your Certificate of Completion. Most programs, which includes driver ed online courses, will send the certificate to you by mail or give it to you in person. If you're in a rush to obtain the certificate some online courses will send via Express Mail for an additional fee.

After receiving your certificate visit your DMV office with all needed requirements to either apply for a permit or license.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "What do I do after passing a teen driver ed course?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

DMVAnswers.com (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. DMVAnswers.com does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on DMVAnswers.com is not legal advice, DMVAnswers.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.