Do I still have to take CA drivers training after I complete drivers ed? California

After completing a drivers ed course and receiving your permit you will be required to complete six hours of professional driver training and 50 hours of supervised driving with any licensed California driver 25 or older. The six hours of behind-the-wheel training cannot be observational. It must be actual driving, with a maximum of two hours per session, for it to apply towards your drivers license requirements (simulated driving with a driver ed online course does not count).

You can find tips on how to select an approved CA drivers training school at California's DMV Web site. If transportation to the drivers ed training school is a problem, look for a program that'll pick you up and drop you off at home. 

Keep in mind that you must first complete a drivers education program before you can enroll in a six-hour driver training program.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "Do I still have to take CA drivers training after I complete drivers ed?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.